Sunday, January 24, 2010

4Cast


I was asked along with my professor to present at the 4Cast Conference (The Campus Academic Strategies and Technology conference). This year's theme was Engaged Learning: Theory into Practice. I was asked to represent my pedagogy workshop. I ended up on the front page of the Iowa City Paper, the Press Citizen. It was a fun experience, and I learned what technology some other professors are using to engage their students. I presented in the morning with Dr. Huckleberry. Our presentation was called, Teaching and Learning Outside the Musicbox. We described how teaching technologies can more actively engage learners from a distance--whether across the room or around the globe--enriching the learning process for both instructor and student. Then in the afternoon I presented on Use of Contemporary Technology in Piano Pedagogy. This took place in our new state of the art piano lab.

No comments: